Saturday 10 September 2011

Pool A: France v Japan

The Brave Blossoms indeed, for a minute or three there they absolutely put the wind up the French in a spell that saw them go wide, go tight, kick long, chip, turn the French around. Really clever rugby I thought.

Shame it could not be sustained for longer, but they did their fans proud. And won’t John Kirwan’s mum be pleased watching from the stands? I think so.

I know the stands may not have been full today, but there is certainly atmosphere.

I remain a fan of the French - I believe their backs are some of the players in the world: Rougerie, Clerc, Medard & Heymans are World Class. I look forward to the game against the All Blacks. France had a patchy start, just like us, so it will be a doozey.

Besides, when we both go through, we could still meet again ... in the final?


Again, these pretty graphics don’t mean squat if ruckingoodstats.com doesn’t crunch the numbers. Thanks, dude.

3 comments:

Nursedude said...

In my opinion, no nation has improved as much as the Japanese in the past 4 years.

Ferdy said...

Yes I agree ND. THought the Japanese looked great. Excellent strong tackling. The score flattered the French in the end.

slugso said...

The JK Effect? He is class that guy - by far the most gracious and relaxed international coach.