Monday 12 March 2012

Six Nations: France v England


Allez Les Rosbifs! A win in Paris. Snuffing out France’s title hopes, away. You’ve got to be happy with that England fans?..
I’ll admit, I have yet to watch the game (these stat things take up watching time!), so I can't criticise or flatter either way ... but this must strengthen Stuart Lancaster’s credentials to retain the coaching role. He must have a chance now since he has actually got these guys to play for each other.

However, I guess I’d temper that enthusiasm by saying the RFU should search hard and interview their wish list well. Whether its Nick Mallett, Jake White, Wayne Smith or Stuart Lancaster, they must do due diligence and make the right, well-thought out decision.

And I say this as a burned All Black fan: remember when we ditched Wayne Smith in favour of John Mitchell and Robbie Deans? That was the sort of knee-jerk, botched botched decision that makes an Otago Rugby Union Finance Officer look competent

Come on Wales!!!

No comments: