Sunday 5 August 2007

poor old piri

Interesting to note that Piri Weepu could not match the scintillating form he displayed from the previous week against Otago when Wellington played the Hawkes Bay. I can understand why he was fired up and played out of his skin last weekend, but his return to match sluggishness against the Magpies on Saturday proves to me that he doesn’t deserve to be in the ABs. I know I am probably the only person (along with Graham Henry) that thinks this. But the guy has not been great this year and it is a bore listening to everyone (the media) go on and on about the injustice for poor old Piri. I can wager that Weepu will end up going to the World Cup anyway. All it takes is one of the chosen three half backs to twist an ankle, and Weepu will be packing his bags for Paris (unfortunately).

No comments: