Friday 7 September 2007

Rugby World Cup: Four More Years

Finally the ‘four more years’ of George Gregan’s taunts have come to pass. Four more years ends in less than 24 hours time when the Rugby World Cup kicks off in Saint-Denis tomorrow. The first test could be one of ‘the’ games of the tournament: France V Argentina. France on paper should cruise through but Argentina have been building a formidable pack and are seen as real dark horses. Could the Pumas be France’s first hiccup? (I not so secretly hope so).

4 comments:

Nursedude said...

Hi Ferdy, I have my TIVO all set on this one. I am still picking this as my upset special of the first round. Pumas by three.

Jason Gatties said...

I have Argentina winning by 7.

Ferdy said...

Hey Nursedude / Jason - you guys were right! Didn't the French play a shocker? Classic. I always suspected they might blow a gasket - but this soon into the competition? Go Los Pumas!

Nursedude said...

HI Ferdy,
I don't know if Kiwis use the term "choke" when a team that shold do well, comes up short. Les Bleus showed that it's really hard to play rugby with both hands around their throats. I don't know if it was France under-performing or the Pumas just playing a helluva game. The Pumas showed guts and nerve. All of the sudden, France-Ireland is going to be an interesting match, and France cannot afford to lose this one.