Monday 9 February 2009

Six Nations 2009

It is a sad fact that in New Zealand, the six nations is not shown on Sky Sport. I really love the Six Nations and I can’t understand why the major international rugby competition of the northern hemisphere is not televised if not on terrestrial, then at least on Sky.

So that’s my excuse for not watching any of the tests this opening weekend for the Six Nations. However, it looks like it could be a quite even competition with France going down to Ireland, Wales sneaking past Scotland and England beating Italy more convincingly than they’ve managed for a while.

Everyone’s money seems to be on Wales at the moment. But I wouldn’t be surprised by a few upsets this season (Watch out for Scotland!). At least the beeb show highlights every so often, and of course, there’s always youtube.

1 comment:

Nursedude said...

Ferdy, after this weekend, I think Wales should still be the number one favorite, but after watching the great game at Croke Park with Ireland and France, I think they can challenge as well. I don't think anybody is going to win a grand slam this year-I think whoeve wins this thing will have at least one loss.

As an aside, I just finished reading a very good book(I did a review in my blog) by a compatriot of yours titled "Inside French Rugby-Confessions of a Kiwi Mercenary". It's a great read if you can get your hands on it.